We are half way through the Stampin' Dolce 12 days of Christmas? Have you missed some of the great project ideas? You can find all of the projects by searching "12 days of Christmas" or by clicking "12 days of Christmas" on the right side bar list.
Today I am sharing some projects that I will be doing with the little people in my life. I head off to a couple of schools in the neighborhood each year to create an ornament and a Christmas card.
Over the years I have learned a few things about stamping with children:
1. Do not be afraid to let them use "your toys" crafters. They can be very gentle. Just do not leave them unsupervised. We do not want to go crazy here!
2. They love punches! The circle punch on this card creates a window that I know they are going to love!
3. They love to color and feel special when they are allowed to use "grown up" markers. It is the one and only time that I share my Stampin' Up! Stampin' Write Markers. Just teach them to be gentle with the hand and that there are two sides to color with.
4. They love bling! I added a rhinestone to the snowman hat. Now, they will be tempted to use 75 rhinestones on a card. You may wan to ration them.
5. Last, it will not look like the card you set out to create. Things will be mis-stamped, paper will be crooked ... but that makes it theirs. Keep you hands off of their project and let them do it.
This little pouch is a Christmas ornament keepsake. It is filled with fragrant spices and tied with a cinnamon stick.
This simple little jar is perfect for a tea light candle, some sweet treats or cookies ... the kids will love to think of their own gift to put inside. They could bake those no fuss Pillsbury Christmas Cookies and put them in! How cute would that be??
Of course I am offering this as a class to my customers! Bring your kids along and stamp together at this parented event!
Come back and visit the blog each Monday, Wednesday and Friday to follow the 12 days of Christmas. Do not forget to enter to win the amazing blog candy! Fill out the form at the end of this blog to be entered. Check out this weeks give away ...
Thank-you for visiting! Have a creative day!