Welcome to the second blog hop this week with the Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team! Yesterday we blogged about a new, limited time, bundle. If you missed that amazing blog hop, click here.
Today I am sharing some 3x3 note cards created with the Touches of Texture stamp set and the Thoughtful Branches stamp set.
I wanted to create some quick note cards. If you are a follower, you will know that I can not resist watercoloring. I tried something new with my watercolor back ground. Here is what I did today:
* Ink your stippled stamp from the Touches of Texture Stamp Set with Pool Party Ink.
* Stamp the image on a scrap piece of paper to "stamp off" the ink.
* Do not re-ink the stamp
* Stamp onto Shimmer White Cardstock
* Add water to an Aqua Painter
* Wash the stamped image with the Aqua Painter on the paper. This will run the stamped image and color.
* To add more watercolor:
* Drop Pool Party Reinker onto a Clear Stampin' Block
* Drip some water into the Pool Party Reinker
* Pick up some of the colored water mixture and paint on the watercolor wash
* Use a Heat Tool to dry the watercolor background. (Or leave to sit, if you are patient).
* After using the Heat Tool, allow the cardstock to cool a bit
* Use VersaMark and stamp your flowers
* Sprinkle Silver Embossing Powder & heat set with a Heat Tool
I the process of creating these, I had a few other designs that I thought I would show you. This first note card was created with Calypso Coral and a smaller flower from the Touches of Texture stamp set.
The next note card uses only Thoughtful Banners Stamp Set. There are nearly 50 words in this stamp set. Image all of the simple watercolor note cards you could make!!! I watercolored this with Marina Mist. I have not used this color in ages!! I used a lot of water when I was coloring and it gave a really subtle watercolor background. I love it!
Next on the Artisan Blog Hop is Marissa Gunn.
The Artisan Design Team will be back on August 17th. Come back and visit!
Have a creative day!